Saturday, February 4, 2012

Little Loves

As life has settled down for us, I've been taking more time to enjoy the little moments.  Moments that are seemingly insignificant.  The ones that, I'm sure, cause working mothers to wonder just what it is that I do all day.


Here's a sampling.


Blue striped children.

Puzzling.  This usually requires moderating about two "please help me, Mommy" sessions a minute.

Sleeping Babies

Tutued Dogs

Sibling love

Napping ballerinas

Fingerpainting.  Prep time: 5 minutes.  Painting time: 15 minutes.  Cleanup time (including bath): 30 minutes.

But that smile makes all the time worth it!

Homemade donut consuming.

Moments with baby after the other children are sleeping.

Spilled sprinkle clean-up.

I take deep breaths.  I moderate fights.  I pray.  I teach little people how to clean up, go potty, get dressed.  I change diapers, read stories, tuck in.  Memorize scripture. Panic over messes.  Tell myself it isn't a crisis. Cook dinner.  Explode the kitchen by allowing little hands to "help."  Fold two dozen burp rags.  Stain treat the pooped on onesie.  Again.  Try, and fail, and try again to be Christ to my children.

Nurture little souls.  My little loves.

And I wouldn't trade it for the world.

1 comment:

  1. So true Amber! I loved my 3 months off at home with my family. I wish it could have been longer. You have the right attitude and Godly outlook even with those frustrating moments. Thanks for the great post!

    ReplyDelete