Sunday, September 18, 2011

Abel Valor is Here!

By now most of you already know this, but Abel Valor Myers arrived on September 7 at 1:20pm weighing in at 6lbs. 10oz. and 19.75 inches long.


Ready to go into the operating room.

Enjoying a snuggle.


This was my first uncomplicated delivery.  The c-section went smoothly, for which I was very thankful.  The spinal wasn't done well with my last, and for a few moments I was left in 10/10, I'm going to die if this doesn't stop now, kind of pain.  The anesthetist this time knew my history and took it nice and slow.  Though it took him three tries to find a space and position that allowed him to get in without the same results he patient, kind, and willing to take his time and make sure he did it right.


Getting to know Daddy.

Mercy loves her baby brother.


Abel is beautiful.  Upon his initial exam it was found that he was breathing rapidly, and once he was placed on my chest we also noted that he had no rooting reflex.  However, we were assured that these things would resolve themselves within 24 hours--so we settled into enjoying our third child.  We're all in love.



2 comments:

  1. I really like these pictures! Thank you for sharing, and I guess it is time to update the Lilypie from pregnant to how old baby Abel is :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete