Saturday, August 27, 2011

Before We Know It

Life is a whirlwind.  Before we were in a state of chronic unemployment, I wouldn't have believed that to be possible if you didn't have a job.  But it is.


Ryan is studying for the CPA exam most of the day five to six days a week.  When he isn't studying he's applying for jobs.  I often have to go upstairs between 1 and 1:30pm to remind him to come down and get some lunch.  Or sometimes I just deliver it upstairs.


At my 36 week doctor's appointment I was scheduled for a c-section at 39 weeks, which falls on Sept. 9.  This worked out well for two reasons.  One being that 39 weeks is the most favorable time for a c-section medically speaking.  The other being that I'm exactly 39 weeks on a Friday, which is the day my doctor typically schedules her surgeries.  It was perfect.  I also learned at that appointment that I have pubic symphesis dysfunction (PSD), which my husband lamented sounds like an STD.  I have to agree.  Anyway, it basically means that I'm in quite a bit of pain most of the time.  


On my Gluten Free Motherhood blog I had the opportunity to review It's You Babe's Prenatal Cradle Mini Cradle, which helped with the PSD.  When the company learned of my  new diagnosis they also offered to send me their Best Cradle, which has helped the pain much more than I had hoped.  It has been a tremendous blessing.


Ryan has a couple of interviews coming up that we'd appreciate prayer for.  The first is on Sept. 1st, and the other on Sept. 9th.  We couldn't believe it when the only day and time available for the second interview was the 9th.  It takes about 2 hours to get to the location of the interview, which means that given his time-slot, Ryan has to leave town by 9am to be safe.  My c-section was scheduled for 7:30am, which meant that, if all went seamlessly and on time he'd be able to be there to hold my hand through it, maybe get to hold Abel briefly, and then have to run.


At my 37 week appointment yesterday I told the doctor of our dilemma.  Initially she wanted to call the potential employer herself (the potential employer had been told I was having a c-section that day).  She declared that she'd brought men home from Iraq before, and she'd be happy to make a call.  When I wasn't comfortable with that she said "or, we could try to reschedule, but I'm not optimistic.  The birth center is pretty booked."  Thankfully, she was able to change the day to Wednesday the 7th and 12pm.  I wanted to hug her.  Double bonus--two less of days of being pregnant, AND my husband can be there all day.


Before we know it, we'll be a family of five.



4 comments:

  1. That would have been just awful to go through major surgery and then have your husband leave right after! I'm SO glad for you that she was able to make something work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll put it on my phone to pray. The 1st, 7th & 9th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost got a birthday buddy! :o) This will be my second near miss as my littlest came just hours after my b-day. *Sigh* I am so happy that they were able to reschedule, even though we won't be "twins" ;o)

    I pray the interviews go well!
    It's been "forever" since we chatted. We are still making it through one day at a time and are still searching/applying for jobs too.....

    ReplyDelete