Saturday, January 29, 2011

Surprise!

We've had quite the holiday season.  The car has been packed up and we've been in seven places in seven weeks.  All of the moving around combined with the unemployment has kept us busy, distracted, and a wee bit stressed out.


Stress affects everyone differently, but physical manifestations are not uncommon.  We've had many bouts of colds and couple of rounds of the stomach flu.  Recently I've been exhausted all the time and simply not felt overly well in general.


Then I noticed my belly was a wee bit rounder than normal.  Next I became completely disinterested in ice cream.  If you know me at all, you know that that's a big deal.  Nausea set in, I craved cashews, and my belly continued to grow.  I'm sure you know where this is going.


Yesterday I finally left denial and took a pregnancy test, and it was positive.  Surprise!  I was very surprised--the rest of my family had been giving me a hard time about being pregnant for a week.  It was a big "I told you so" for them.  After Mercy was weaned it was months before I was able to conceive Gilead and I assumed things would go similarly this time around.  I was obviously wrong.


Given our present circumstances there are things I have to work at not stressing about.  However, overall, we're delighted.  Little ones are a blessing and we'll be thrilled to welcome our third little one into the world sometime in September.  Three years of marriage and baby number three on the way.  God is good.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! ♥ I am so excited and happy for you! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful surprise of a blessing Amber! So excited for you!
    We hope and pray for other blessings to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Disinterest in ice cream would be a huge indicator for me too! LOL! ;-)
    Congratulations! Great news!

    ReplyDelete