Thursday, November 4, 2010

Mercy's First Haircut

It only took 2-1/2 years for Mercy to grow enough hair to require a trim.  Yes, 2-1/2 years.  However, she's ahead of the curve as far as I'm concerned--she beat me to the quantity of hair she has by a good year.  I was a bald, bald baby and toddler.


Deciding to do it was tough.  After all, it took over two years to grow that lovely head of hair, and I didn't want to risk messing it up.  However, her bangs grew past her mouth and became harder and harder to manage, so we decided to give it a go.  I checked into local kid haircut places and wound up deciding to try Little Clippers in Lake Oswego.


Mercy chose the red Lightening McQueen car over a girly one...

The first cut...

She got to watch Thomas the Tank Engine while getting a trim...

Andrea, her stylist, was so good with her!


She left with a pretty hairdo, too!

And a first haircut certificate.
 Most places I found (apart from the cheap ones that make me nervous) were charging $8 for a bang trim and $15 for a haircut.  We got it all done for $13 at Little Clippers, and the experience was well worth it.  I'm hoping that now that there are "lines" to follow I might be able to keep it up a bit myself, but we'll see.


All in all, the experience was much less traumatic than I had anticipated, and Mercy still talks about it.  I think she'd like to get many more haircuts in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment